Pretty in Pink

Just when I don't think I have enough hobbies that involve collecting random things that are nearly impossible to organize, I found sewing. I guess I shouldn't say I just recently found it... I was quite impressed by the bags I made my 3 cooking buddies for Christmas, but I have recently decided I want to sew more things.

I think what really spurred this was the discovery of the Pink Penguin blog. Seriously, the girl can sew! Plus, her style is totally what I like. I love the vintage, retro look and feel, as well as handmade items that don't look TOO handmade. The way I actually stumbled across her blog was through a newsletter I receive from Photojojo. They sent the link for making this cute camera bag.

Anyway, she has a great tutorial that I was finally able to use this week. I, of course, had to scour eBay for a good deal on cute fabric, wait for it and then find time to make it. I have to say I'm proud of my buttonhole and shaping the corners of the bias tape. I love it and have already received nice compliments on it (not that I was showing it off). And naturally, it's pink.

PS I'm baking some Ginger Sugar Cookies right now. If they turn out, I'll share the recipe here.


Thanks so much for making this super lovely camera case and letting me know! Thanks a lot also for your kind words about my crafts! You're really sweeeet!!

July 13, 2008 at 1:21 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home